People who are trying to lose weight tend to be conscious of their calorie intake. Although necessary, limiting calorie intake alone will not help. To lose weight, the healthy way, you need to eat a fibre-rich diet.
A great tip is to have a fibre-rich diet. Fibre, besides being an important ingredient to keep the gut healthy, also helps you feel satisfied or full after a meal. In addition to fibre, protein consumption is also necessary to keep you nourished.
This recipe prepares a meal which is about 400 calories each and packed with protein and fibre, the perfect combination to keep you full and feeling healthy.
- 2 BBQ or pan-fried chicken breast dusted with mixed herbs and smoked paprika
- 170g of non-fat or low-fat Greek-style/strained Yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp of harissa paste or chilli paste (sambal oelek), with a dash of cumin, coriander, and caraway
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup of boiled brown lentils
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 handful mixed greens such as baby spinach and rocket
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Stir the yoghurt and harissa paste together
- Shred the cooked chicken breast and toss with the brown rice, lentils, onions, greens and garlic Mix in half of the yoghurt and harissa paste mix
- Arrange into your serving bowl, scatter with pumpkin seeds and drizzle with remaining yoghurt dressing
- Serve immediately
- This recipe works well with cold or warm brown rice. Can be tossed together a couple of hours before serving but do omit the green leaves until serving so they stay crispy
This recipe serves 4.
Click here to view more recipes and content recommended by our dietician.