“Stay away from the sugar!” As a diabetic, I have heard friends and family remind me this on several occasions. However, here’s the good news. As a matter of fact, you can still have your sweet treats if they are consumed as a part of your diet, accompanied with regular exercise and blood glucose monitoring. Here’s a great way to manage your sugar intake and still consume your favourite goodies; Make your own! Craving for some chocolate ice cream? Try this simple recipe for a healthier and diabetic-friendly alternative.
- 2 ripe medium-size bananas
- 2 ripe medium-size avocados
- 1/3 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Splenda Sugar (artificial sweetener) Blend
- Chop the bananas and avocados into medium-size pieces
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until texture is completely smooth
- If you have a homemade ice cream maker: Blend the mixture in the ice cream maker for 10 minutes, store the mixture in an air-tight plastic container and freeze overnight.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker: Store the mixture in an air-tight plastic container and freeze overnight.
- To serve, take the ice cream out of the freezer for about 20 minutes before serving so it’s easier to scoop.
This recipe serves 4.
If you found this recipe useful, click here to read our other content.