Lifestyle changes are never easy to accomplish since we tend to set general goals such as "I aim to lose 20kg quickly." However, these unrealistic and over-ambitious goals are usually dommed for failure, as they do not specify our action plan. Specific, attainable, and realistic small goals that have a timeframe are easier to plan and accomplish.
(picture from howieandtheresadanzik.com)
To assist you in creating realistic goals that will motivate and inspire you to lead a healthier lifestyle, we have created 5 thought process for you. When you are setting a goal, ask yourself these specific questions:
1. What do I need to do? What is my action plan? Am I going to start exercising? Do I need to reduce my consumption of drinks with added sugar or snacks? Or do I need to start having breakfast?
2. When am I starting? What is the frequency of my actions (How many times in a week I am going to exercise and for how long?) When shall I reach full frequency? (this is also the date that you will review your goal)
3. How do I plan to achieve this goal? Who will help me to accomplish this?
4. What difficulties am I going to face? How can I overcome them?
5. Is this goal realistic? How confident am I in achieving this? (If you are not very confident, you should review your goal immediately).
While you put your goals and aims into action, it is important to be patient throughout the process. Remember to be kind to your body and nourish yourself with nutritious, wholesome foods.